Become a Resident of Spain

and a Residency Consultant will be in touch​

SpainResidency lawyers obtain the Registered Immigration Representatives (´RER´) accreditation Click


Obtain Residency in Spain through investment. (Golden-Visa)
The most fexibe Residency in Spain.


SpainResidency is a legal firm, dedicated to Immigration-Law. Residency in Spain explained.


Become a Permanent Resident of Spain, with the ability to start and expand your own commercial ventures.

Current Cases

See below the Residency Applications
we currently have in process and understand how to obtain Residency in Spain.


Obtain Residency in Spain for your Retirement or from where to manage Personal-Investments or Remote-Incomes without work.

In the media

Our 18 years of experience in the Spanish legal industry, has put our Solicitors in the news.


Obtain a Remote-Workers Visa (Digital-Nomad) which will permit you, as highly-skilled personel, to work remotely as an employee of a non-Spanish company.

Residency Blog

See here the latest Residency-News in Spain through our residency-blog.

Click-Here to organise an appointment at your local Spanish Embassy

What our Clients say:

FAQ: Non-EU Residents

Yes you do, even as an EU-citizen you need to apply for residency if you wish to live for extended periods of time in Spain. EU and EEA citizens may live up to 3 months without the need to become a resident.

 As a non-EU citizen, you will be in one of two categories:

  1. Without a residency card from another Schengen-area country: you will not be able to stay in Spain for more than 3 months per every 6-month period. This is irrespective of whether you come from a visa-free country (eg. U.S.A, Canada, Australia, Israel etc.) or you need a Schengen visa to travel to Spain.
  2. With a residency card from another Schengen-area country: legally, the maximum stay period of a resident of a Schengenland country in another, is 3 months.
Particularly the limit is 90 days in any 183-day period.

You can quickly and easily obtain residency in Spain through the services of We specialize in Investors Residency (“Golden Visa”), Non-Lucrative and Self-Employed work and residency permits.

In practice, anything between 10 and 90 days can be expected depending on the type of application, the Consulate you apply through and the Spanish province where you wish to reside in (some immigration offices are busier than others). 

Unless you are originally from a Latin-American country, Portugal or The Philippines, you will need at least 10 years of uninterrupted residency.  If you are from any of the former countries, you will need at least 2 years of uninterrupted residency. 

Specifically, Yes you can, in fact, it is normal for Non-Lucrative or Investors-Residency applicants to apply together with their families. Not only can Investors-Residency applicants bring their children under 18 years of age (or over 18 that are dependents), but also their parents provided they are dependents. 

FAQ: EU-Residents

Any foreigner spending more than 90 days in Spain within a total of 180 days, or who stays 6 months per year, has the right, not the obligation, to register as a resident, obtaining the ‘Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union
In practice, there are many EU citizens who stay for similar periods of time and the only document they obtain is the NIE certificate which indicates their ID number as a foreigner for general administrative purposes in Spain. This document does not provide residency status.
Spanish authorities tend to have a more relaxed approach with EU nationals who are not yet registered as residents, especially since most of them tend to register through the local census, which allows them access most services.

It is required to provide a Bank certificate which demonstrates as having sufficient resources for the applicant and your family. The amount taken as reference will be 5,058.20 Euros (plus 3,540.74 Euros for each dependent)

Once having been registered on the ‘Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union’  for 5 years, the registrant will eligible for the ‘Certificado de Registro Permanente de Ciudadano de la Union’, this is permanent residency.

In some cases the length of time needed to be registered can be reduced. This is something we can observe and assist with.

Please allow us to introduce our parent company Lawbird Legal Services.

Latest Residency News

Join the discussions on social media

Become part of a growing number of residents in Spain who have applied for residency in Spain through SpainResidency and who are now enjoying life as part of the Spanish community.

Scroll to Top