Latest Immigration and Spanish Residency News

  • Would you like to obtain Residency and find a job in Spain?

    Obtaining residency through a new job in Spain can be possible. The Spanish government have supplied a full list of jobs they require to fill and for which they will provide a Residency Permit to allow the worker to live in Spain. All these roles are detailed in the following list: It should be noted however that, at current, only the jobs shown...
  • Schengen Area: Europe’s free travel zone is set to get bigger – what are the implications?

    Europe’s Schengen zone — the world’s largest multinational free-travel area — is set to get even bigger now that Croatia has met the technical criteria to join. The Schengen zone currently comprises 22 of the EU's 28 member states as well as four non-EU members: Norway, Iceland, Switzerland, Spain and Liechtenstein. (Croatia, which joined the EU in 2013, is one of...
  • Socialists and Podemos reach coalition deal in bid to form Spain’s next government

    Stay informed of the Spanish policital situation should you be considering to obtain Residency in Spain. Spain's Socialists (PSOE) and left-wing Unidas Podemos (UP) have reached a coalition agreement, the parties' respective leaders announced on Tuesday. If endorsed by parliament, it would be Spain's first coalition since the re-establishment of democracy in 1977, and its first government to have lawmakers from far-left...
  • CBD Oil Now Available Legally In Spain

    Should you be considering to obtain Residency in Spain, SpainResidency inform that CBD Oil is now available to buy over the counter in Spain in its originally quality. CBD is naturally occurring in the Hemp plant and according to the United States government patent #6,630,507, it supports the nutrition of aging bodies. A recent study from the Journal of Alzheimer’s disease...
  • Did Spanish lawyers really sell Residency Permits?

    The newspaper El Pais reported that Spanish lawyers were “selling” Spain residency permits to Iranians. (Oct 2016) for them to obtain Residency in Spain. This article put the reputation of certain Spanish lawyers in the spotlight and this section of the industry, together with Spain immigration, into question. The article suggested that some unethical legal experts were providing inaccurate information to potential...
  • Freedom of movement within the EU with Spain Immigration?

    Does Spanish Citizenship or Spain Residency allow me freedom of movement within the EU? Obtaining Residency in Spain with SpainResidency allows a number of benefits which include Visa-Free travel to all 26 European Schengen countries including Germany, the Netherlands and France. The Schengen zone is made up of 26 European countries who have agreed freedom of movement for EU residents without passport...
  • Government rejects long-term Residency in Spain applications

    Spain rejects Long-Term Residency Permit Applications Spain immigration authorities were rejecting applications for long term residencies if the applicant is out of the country for more than 10 months in 5 years. This little-known rule had been largely ignored by provincial immigration offices until recently, when they have started to implement it extensively for residents sourcing Spain residency. The chart above...
  • Can Spanish companies operate in all the EU?

    Does holding Residency in Spain, a Spain Visa or Spanish Citizenship allow me the right to establish or expand a business to operate in the EU? Once your Residency in Spain is obtained, Spain will provide you as an EU base with a modern and competitive corporate taxation system from where, as a resident, you can establish or expand your own company. With...
  • What about international schools and education?

    Spain's international schools are being increasingly considered as of a better standard than those in many other European countries. With smaller class sizes together with a relaxed atmosphere, there are fewer discipline problems. Once you obtain Residency in Spain and Spanish citizenship you will need to consider the schooling of your offspring. You will have a choice of international schools and will be...
  • What about health insurance with a Spain Residency application?

    Should all non-EU residents have private health insurance with an application for Residency in Spain? It is necesary for all residents and their ascendants / descendants to have either public or private health insurance from an entity that has been authorised to operate in Spain.
  • Residency for my family members?

    Is it permitted for members of my family to also be entitled to Residency in Spain? Some of the Spain residency permits provide an option enabling the entire family to relocate, however it is important the application is presented in the correct process. Our services ensure that this will be done correctly and in a timeley manor which, if carried out...
  • Spanish Citizenship through a Golden Visa

    Is it possible to obtain Spanish Citizenship through Residency in Spain obtained from a Golden Visa? The route to obtain either permanent residency or citizenship requires the investor and their family to reside in Spain. There are procedures to be followed for application between the process of residency and the application for spanish citizenship. These procedures will all be covered by...

FAQ: Non-EU Residents

In order to be able to apply for Spanish Residency, it is required to meet the 10 years of being a resident in Spain, which include the most recent 5 years immediately prior to the application, of living in Spain as a resident.

There are several requisites to be able to settle in Spain. services provide the following:

  • Submit your visa application.
  • Have the application received by ´Administración General´ for processes.
  • Collection of the visa within 30 days of notification.
  • This visa to travel to Spain will have a validity of 90 days and it is required that during this term you enter Spain.
  • After you arrive in Spain there is a limit of one month in order to present and obtain a residency permit together with an NIE number.
  • The original permit grants a maximum of 12 months, after which it is required to renew the permit to allow you to remain a resident.

All Non-EU citizens who want to stay in Spain for longer than 91 days, must within 30 days of arriving in Spain, begin their application for residency and obtain a residence card or permit (Tarjeta de Residencia or TIE).

Non-EU Citizens are allowed to visit but required to leave within 90 days after arrival if the paperwork and requirements for residency have not been fulfilled or met.
EU citizens can move to Spain without any residence application and before they have a job, and apply for a tax number, NIE number, when they get one.

Do you have any questions? Send us them below, and we will get back to you within 8 working hours

SpainResidency partners: (click to visit websites)

Schedule an appointment below