Spain digital nomad visa is now available for remote work and allows highly qualified Non-EU nationals to live and work remotely from Spain for up to five years without becoming residents.
Approved by the Spanish parliament in November 2022, this new law in part of the Start-Up Act, which is aimed at attracting highly skilled entrepreneurs to Spain which will bolster the country’s tech-scene.
Many European countries have capitalised on the rise of remote work, introducing some form of digital nomad scheme.
This visa for Remote-Workers is open to non-EU nationals who are employees for non-Spanish companies and allows them to work remotely from Spain. Applicants are permitted to get a maximum of 20 per cent of their income from Spanish firms.
This permit can be applied directly from Spain as a tourist or from your country of origin.
Main benefits of this visa for Remote-Workers:
- Fast track application
Your application should be resolved in just 20 days after the submission of all documents.
- Bring your relatives
First family member relatives are permitted residency to accompany the same application with no extra requirements.
- Freedom of movement within the EU
As en EU resident you will have free travel movement within the Schengen Area.
- Pay less taxes
A special tax regime which allows you to pay just 24% on your income.
- Apply directly from Spain
Make the complete application procedure directly after entering Spain as a tourist.
- Obtain PR and citizenship
All the years spent in Spain as a digital nomad visa will count towards a permanent residency and citizenship.
- You work for a company that allows you to work remotely from Spain (as an employee).
- Prove that your total income and demonstrate that the part coming from Spain, does not exceed 20%.
- Demonstrate an employment contract of at least three months with the company for which you are working remotely. This company must also certify that this worker is allowed to work online.
- The company or companies with which you will work as a digital nomad, has must have been operating in the market for a minimum of 1 year.
- The applicant should have graduated from a prestigious university or business school, or demonstrate a previous working experience in the same sector of at least 3 years.
- Possess private health insurance with full coverage.
- Demonstrate the sufficient economic funds (€25,000) via salary or bank statement in the name of the applicant.
- Pay a flat fee of 24% on your work-related income (up to €600.000), this is instead of a progressive rate up to 48%.
- Be considered a non-tax-resident for up to 5 years and avoid paying wealth tax on your international wealth.
ALL TYPES OF RESIDENCY AVAILABLE IN SPAIN:
- Golden-Visa Spain (Spain citizenship by investment)
- Non-Lucrative visa Spain (Spain visa non lucrative)
- Self-Employed visa Spain (self employed expats in Spain)
- Digital-Nomad visa Spain (remote worker in Spain)
Would you like to apply for to Work-Remotely from Spain?
We provide legal assistance for this.
We are a Spanish Solicitor and assist our clients with all types of residency applications.
Permanent residency is obtained after 5 years of Spanish Residency through Self-Employed Residency, Digital-Nomad, Non-Lucrative Residency or Golden-Visa. This followed by 5 years as a permanent resident in Spain and means you can then obtain Spanish Citizenship with a Spanish Passport.