In 2022, Royal Decree 629/2022, was published in the Official State Gazette, amending the Regulations of Organic Law 4/2000, explaining changes in the family roots residency updates in Spain.
In this post we cover the following: (click any section to see its content)
Family roots residency updates in Spain:
What are the requirements which give access to authorization for family roots?
- Father or Mother, or Guardian, of a minor of Spanish nationality, provided that the applicant parent or guardian is in charge of the minor and lives with the minor or is aware of the parent-child obligations with respect to the minor. Likewise, in the case of a person who provides support to the person with a disability of Spanish nationality for the exercise of their legal capacity, provided that the applicant who provides said support is in charge of the person with a disability and lives with her. In this case, an authorization will be granted for five years that enables you to work as an employee and self-employed.
- Spouse or accredited de facto partner of a citizen of Spanish nationality. Also in the case of ascendants over 65 years of age, or dependents under 65 years of age, descendants under 21 years of age, or dependents over 21 years of age, of a citizen of Spanish nationality, or of their spouse or common-law partner. An authorization will be granted for five years that enables you to work as an employee and self-employed.
- Children of a father or mother who were originally Spanish.
ALL TYPES OF RESIDENCY AVAILABLE IN SPAIN:
- Golden-Visa Spain (Spain citizenship by investment)
- Non-Lucrative visa Spain (Spain visa non lucrative)
- Self-Employed visa Spain (self employed expats in Spain)
- Digital-Nomad visa Spain (remote worker in Spain)
DO YOU REQUIRE A RESIDENCE IN SPAIN?
We provide legal assistance for this.
We are a Spanish Solicitor and assist our clients with all types of residency applications.
Permanent residency is obtained after 5 years of Spanish Residency through Self-Employed Residency, Digital-Nomad, Non-Lucrative Residency or Golden-Visa. This followed by 5 years as a permanent resident in Spain and means you can then obtain Spanish Citizenship with a Spanish Passport.