On the 9th of May 2021 the state of alarm in Spain has been brought to an end.
This allows freedom of travel anywhere within Spanish territory for Spanish citizens and its residents.
Travel to Spain is permitted for all EU nationals, while travel to Spain from most Non-EU Residents is still limmited and requires permission to do so.
Entry into Spain is permitted without restrictions to travelers from the following countries:
- South Korea
- New Zeland
Despite the end of the State Of Alarm however, the following is to be continued to be legally adhered with:
- Entry into Spain requires a PCR or TMA test-result which shows as negative for Covid-19 within 72 hours prior to your entry
- Obligatory use of face-masks in all public domains is to be adhered with at all times, no matter of social distancing
- Obligatory use of face-masks on all public transport
- Social distancing of 2 meters should be carried out at all times
- External social meetings limmited to 10 people
- Health controls at Spanish airports
- Use of face-masks in the workplace (all service staff should use a face-mask at all times)
Would you like to proceed to apply for a residency permit in Spain?
We can envaluate your circumstances and legally advise on how to proceed.
Permanent residency is obtained after 5 years of Spanish Residency through Self-Empoyed Residency or Non-Lucrative Residency or Residency through Investment. This followed by 5 years as a permanent resident and means you can then obtain Spanish Citizenship with a Spanish Passport.