Since August 2022, it has been possible to apply for Arraigo courses for Training.
This is an older law which has been regulated to allow more courses that can be taken to obtain it.
The original law which published, was quite rigid and offered limited access to only certain courses. On June 9, a new instruction was published, relaxing the criteria for obtaining this Arraigo for Training. Due to this new instruction, a wider range of courses became available under this arrangement.
In this post we cover the following: (click any section to see its content)
In this article you will understand how the Arraigo for Training is structured and the courses you can take.
- WHICH TYPE OF COURSES CAN BE STUDIED FOR THIS ARRAIGO? »
- WHERE SHOULD THESE COURSES BE STUDIED FOR THIS ARRAIGO? »
- WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS TRAINING ARRAIGO? »
- TYPES OF RESIDENCY AVAILABLE IN SPAIN »
WHICH TYPE OF COURSES CAN BE STUDIED FOR THIS ARRAIGO:
The fundamental pillar of Arraigo for Training is the commitment to undertake specific training in Spain. Moreover, not just any training will do; it must be:
Formal education within the Vocational Training System:
This includes Vocational Training Certificates, Specialization Courses, Professional Certificates, and Competence Certificates. All officially accredited training, and thus verifiable, is regulated by Organic Law 2/2006, of May 3, on Education, and Organic Law 3/2022, of March 31, on the Organization and Integration of Vocational Training. It should be provided by authorized centers and listed in the Registry of Vocational Training Centers and, if applicable, in the State Registry of Non-University Educational Centers. Verification will be made of the registration in the corresponding record of the entity providing such training.
Training leading to the attainment of technical aptitude certification or professional qualification required for a specific occupation:
In this regard, the center offering this training must be accredited and recognized by the competent administration. The indicative list of technical aptitude certifications or professional qualifications is provided in Annex I to these instructions.
Training organized by Public Employment Services:
This training should be included in the Catalog of Training Specialties regulated in order TMS/283/2019 of March 12. This training will be provided by training entities registered in the State Registry of Training Entities regulated by Order TMS/369/2019, of March 28. To participate in this type of training, applicants must first register as jobseekers with the Public Employment Services once they have been granted authorization for training and possess a N.I.E. Once scheduled and authorized by the competent public employment service, applicants who have successfully completed the training with a positive evaluation will receive a certificate issued by the competent Public Administration, as outlined in Article 3 of Royal Decree 694/2017, of July 3. An interadministrative cooperation system will be established between the foreigner’s offices under the Ministry of Inclusion, Social Security, and Migration and the Public Employment Services to ensure necessary information through inquiries.
WHERE SHOULD THESE COURSES BE STUDIED FOR THIS ARRAIGO:
Education provided by universities:
Official master’s degrees from universities, courses to enhance or update competencies and skills in the field of lifelong learning offered by universities, as well as other training specific to lifelong learning, including, in this case, training leading to the attainment of microcredentials.
Training leading to the attainment of micro credentials, based on short-duration learning experiences at all educational levels:
Micro credentials, based on the European approach recommended by the EU Council in June 2022, must have accreditation ensuring their quality, transparency, cross-border comparability, recognition, and portability consistently among Member States.
REQUIREMENTS TRAINING ARRAIGO:
As we’ve mentioned, the fundamental aspect of Arraigo for Training is to undertake studies and courses that enable entry into the job market. However, there are other requirements we must also meet, which are as follows:
- Not being a citizen of a European Union State, the European Economic Area, or Switzerland, or a family member of citizens of these countries to whom the Union citizen regime applies.
- Having no criminal record in Spain and in your country of origin or in the country or countries where you have resided during the last five years.
- Not being prohibited from entering Spain and not being listed as rejectable within the territorial space of countries with which Spain has signed an agreement to this effect.
- Not being within the period of commitment not to return to Spain that the foreigner has assumed when voluntarily returning to their country of origin, if applicable.
- Having stayed continuously in Spain for a minimum period of two years prior to the application. Continuous stay is obtained if absences have not exceeded 90 days in the last two years.
- Committed to undertake the aforementioned training.
For these purposes, enrolment must have taken place within three months from the notification of the residence authorization resolution.
Should you be in any of the situations mentioned in Real Decreto 629/2022, one year of residency will be sufficient to submit your application (it is required to understand the situation of the applicant).
TYPES OF RESIDENCY AVAILABLE IN SPAIN:
- Golden-Visa Spain (Spain citizenship by investment)
- Non-Lucrative visa Spain (Spain visa non lucrative)
- Self-Employed visa Spain (self employed expats in Spain)
- Digital-Nomad visa Spain (remote worker in Spain)
OBTAIN ARRAIGO FOR TRAINING:
Do you need legal assistance to obtain arraigo for training in Spain?
We are a Spanish Solicitor and assist our clients with all types of residency applications.
Permanent residency is obtained after 5 years of Spanish Residency through Self-Employed Residency or Non-Lucrative Residency, Spain or Residency through Investment. This followed by 5 years as a permanent resident and means you can then obtain Spanish Citizenship with a Spanish Passport.