Spain Residency
Resident of Spain

About Spain

Spain is a famous holiday destination with stunning nature, shiny subculture and records in Southwestern Europe. It is additionally a full member of the EU, which ensures that residents of Spain experience limitless visa-free journey throughout Europe. The well-known funding residency software is extraordinarily fast and uncomplicated, supplying all the advantages to you and your family barring having to continue to be there physically. Spain Residency provide the citizenship of Spain.

Golden Visa

How to apply for Golden Spain Visa in Spain from Spain Residency. Obtain Citizenship of Spain.

Click to Read More

Get Spanish Citizenship

Residency in Spain | golden visa | span

Current Case-Files

See below the Spain Residency Applications we currently have in process.

Spain visa | golden visa | spanish passport | Spain immigration | Spanish citizenship | Spain Residency

Self-Employed Residency

Start or Expand your own business & obtain Permanent Residency in Spain.

Spain Visa

Spain Residency in the media

Our immigrations lawyers are in the news.

Spain Residency Headlines

Spanish Visa News

Non-Lucrative Residency

Become a permanent resident in Spain with no-requirement of employment

Spain visa | golden visa | spanish passport | Spain immigration | Spanish citizenship | Spain Residency

About Us

SpainResidency is a legal firm dedicated to Immigration-Law.
Our expertise guarantees our clients, an unmatched service.

Spain visa | golden visa | spanish passport | Spain immigration | Spanish citizenship | Spain Residency

What our Clients say:

FAQ: Non-EU Residents

 Yes you do, even as a EU-citizen you need to apply for residency if you wish to live for extended periods of time in Spain. EU and EEA citizens may live up to 3 months without having to become a resident.

  As a non-EU citizen, you will be in one of two categories:

  1. Without a residency card from another Schengen-area country: you will not be able to stay in Spain for more than 3 months per every 6-month period. This is irrespective of whether you come from a visa-free country (eg. U.S.A, Canada, Australia, Israel etc.) or you need a Schengen visa to travel to Spain.

  2. With a residency card from another Schengen-area country: legally, the maximum stay period of a resident of a Schengenland country in another, is 3 months. 


Particularly the limit is 90 days in any 180-day period. 

There are various ways to achieve Spanish residency; but you can also get at we specialize in Investors Residency (“Golden Visa”), non-lucrative and self-employed work and residency permits.

In practice, anything between 10 and 90 days can be expected, depending on the type of application, the Consulate you apply through or the Spanish province where you wish to reside in (some immigration offices are busier than others). 

Unless you are originally from a Latin-American country, Portugal or The Philippines, you will need at least 10 years of uninterrupted residency.  If you are from any of the former countries, you will need at least 2 years of uninterrupted residency. 

Specifically Yes you can, in fact it is normal for non-lucrative or investors residency applicants to apply together with their families. Investors residency applicants can not only bring their children under 18 years of age (or over 18 that are dependents), but also their parents provided they are dependents. 

FAQ: EU-Residents

Basically any foreigner spending more than 90 days on Spain every 180 and for at least 6 months per year, has the right (not the obligation) to register as a resident, obtaining the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union . In practice, there are many EU citizens that stay for similar periods of time and the only document they hold is the NIE certificate, a single A4 sized sheet that indicates the ID number as a foreigner for general administrative transactions in Spain, but that does not involve a residency status.

The authorities are quite lax with EU nationals that are not registered citizens, especially since most of them register at the local census and can access most services through it, though the correct way to proceed is to actually get the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union at the relevant police Station. Note that if a EU citizen approaches the police station indicating they are in need of a NIE because they are going to work or live in Spain for more than 90 days, the officer will ask them to apply for the Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union  instead of the ordinary NIE certificate. With the imminent Brexit, we highly recommend UK expats to get the mentioned Certificate.

After holding the mentioned Certificado de Registro de Ciudadano de la Union during 5 years, the holder is eligible for the Certificado. de Registro Permanente de Ciudadano de la Union, that is, permanent residency. There are specific cases where the number of years is reduced. Note it is not mandatory to get that certificate. These certificates are usually issued when someone applies for a duplicate of the initial one ( loss, robbery, etc.) and has stayed for at least 5 years.

Join the discussions on social media


Become part of a growing number of our clients who have applied through SpainResidency and who are now enjoying life as residents & citizens in Spain.

Are you interested in obtaining Spanish residency?

Contact us here

Scroll to Top