In this article we review the points on how to come to Spain to work as a Non-EU citizen.
In recent times, we have informed you of a way for those who want to come to work in Spain. This month of November, the NEW Hard to Fill Catalog for the fourth quarter of 2023 was published.
In this post we cover the following: (click any section to see its content)
Main ways to come to work in Spain abd how Non-EU Citizens can come to Spain to work:
- MAIN WAYS TO COME TO WORK IN SPAIN »
- WHAT IS THE CATALOGUE OF JOBS WHICH ARE HARD TO FILL? »
- WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO COME TO WORK IN SPAIN? »
- CONSULTING A LAWYER »
- SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT WITH A SOLICITOR »
MAIN WAYS TO COME TO WORK IN SPAIN:
In recent years, practically since the pandemic and following changes, Spanish companies have faced serious difficulties in hiring foreign workers. The workers who have managed to come to our country with a residence and work permit have been mainly through two channels:
- As a highly qualified professional
- Preferred recruitment at origin, of which there are offers of employment for specific in the Catalogue Of Jobs Which are Had To Fill
WHAT IS THE CATALOGUE OF JOBS WHICH ARE HARD TO FILL?:
The Hard to Fill Occupations Catalogue is a list compiled by the Public Employment Service and can be seen-here. This catalogue collects all those jobs and vacancies that are especially difficult to fill and through which you can obtain a residence and work permit in Spain.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS TO COME TO WORK IN SPAIN?:
Many of our clients have asked us through our social networks, what is the process to obtain authorization to reside and work in Spain. Below we show you a summary of all the procedures that must be carried out in order to obtain that authorization:
- Find a job offer. The first step you must take is to look for a job in Spain. That is, you must contact a company in Spain and that it commit to carrying out all the procedures for your hiring.
- The employer must make the application at the Immigration Office. Once you have found a company that wants to hire you, it is the employer who has to gather a series of documents and requirements to make the application at the immigration office that corresponds to the company’s location.
- The Immigration Office reviews all the documentation and in the best case scenario will give you a favorable response.
- You must then go to the Spanish Consulate in your country. Once you have the favorable resolution from the immigration office in Spain (this step is very important, you must have that favorable resolution before going to the consulate), after this, we can then help and apply for the visa that will allow you to reside and work in Spain.
- Entry to Spain and registration with the Social Security: When you are granted the visa and arrive in Spain, the company has a period of time to register you with the Social Security. As long as it does not give you that registration, the residence authorization will not be perfected and will not enter into force.
- Finally, when the immigration office registers you with the Social Security, your residence and work authorization will already be in force and you must register in Spain to get your TIE (Residence Card).
CONSULTING A LAWYER:
It is important to consult with an immigration lawyer before applying for a self-employment permit in Spain. A lawyer can help you ensure that your application is complete and accurate, and that you meet all of the requirements.
RETURN TO MENU »
Here are some additional tips about how to come to Spain to work:
- Start the application process early. The process can take several months, so it is important to give yourself plenty of time.
- Be prepared to provide all of the required documentation. The application process requires a significant amount of documentation, so be sure to gather everything you need before you start the process.
- Speak with a lawyer. A lawyer can help you understand the application process and ensure that your application is complete and accurate.
ALL TYPES OF RESIDENCY AVAILABLE IN SPAIN:
- Golden-Visa Spain (Spain citizenship by investment)
- Non-Lucrative visa Spain (Spain visa non lucrative)
- Self-Employed visa Spain (self employed expats in Spain)
- Digital-Nomad visa Spain (remote worker in Spain)
HOW TO COME TO SPAIN AND/OR START OR EXPAND YOUR OWN BUSINESS VENTURES IN EUROPE
Do you need legal assistance in Spain?
We are a Spanish Solicitor and assist our clients with all types of residency applications.
Permanent residency is obtained after 5 years of Spanish Residency through Self-Employed Residency or Non-Lucrative Residency, Spain or Residency through Investment. This followed by 5 years as a permanent resident and means you can then obtain Spanish Citizenship with a Spanish Passport.